We are looking to back opportunities with the following characteristics:
- Early-stage technology businesses, or ideas very close to business creation
- Any sector, though initial priorities are Physical Sciences and Engineering
- £250k - £2m investment needs
- Availability of key staff committed to the opportunity
- Outstanding (but maybe still not fully proven) technology
- One or more well-defined market needs, with significant overall commercial opportunity
- Evidence of potential sustainable competitive advantage
- Possibility of additional support from local business networks (business angels, technology transfer offices etc.)
- UK focus, and any other region where we can support our investment
If your business opportunity matches these criteria, then please contact us to explore this further.
If your business idea is still at the research stage and too early for Enterprise Fund investment, then you may be eligible to apply for one of the Society's innovation and industry grant schemes.