The Royal Society received written submissions to the call for evidence from organisations and individuals. These can be downloaded from this page.
Evidence gathering events
We are grateful to all those who participated in the following evidence gathering events. Presentations from the events are available to download from this page.
- 22 April 2010: Seminar on non-proliferation and spent fuel management (at the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, Daresbury Park).
- Clarifying the concept of proliferation resistance and its implementation
- Technical issues affecting the management of the UK’s stockpile of separated plutonium
- Decision making about the geological disposal of spent fuel
- Lessons to be learned from the UK’s experience of spent fuel management
- Internationalising nuclear decision making
- 4 May 2010: NGO roundtable on non-proliferation priorities (at the Royal Society).
- Internationalising the nuclear fuel cycle
- Closing the fuel cycle and an international plutonium economy
- Engaging the nuclear industry on non-proliferation
- Engaging national laboratories to support non-proliferation
- Nuclear non-proliferation and disarmament
- 18 May 2010: Workshop on nuclear strategy to support proliferation resistant fuel cycles (at the National Nuclear Laboratory, Birchwood Conference Centre, Risley).
- 10 and 11 June 2010: Workshop on building proliferation resistance into the nuclear fuel cycle (at the Royal Society).
- 28 and 29 June 2010: Workshop on new governance practices for the civil nuclear fuel cycle (at the Royal Society).
- 7 July 2010: Workshop on opportunities for threat reduction to support nuclear non-proliferation (at the Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE), Aldermaston).
- 23 May 2011: Roundtable on best practices in light of the events at the Fukushima nuclear power station (at the Royal Society).