This event is part of a series of lightning lectures for the Royal Society’s 2021 Summer Science digital showcase.
Robots in surgery offer so much more than the ability to mirror a surgeon's hand movements, but there are many legal, ethical and technical challenges to overcome before they replace surgeons.
Join Dr George Mylonas to discover the ways that researchers are developing the safe use of robots in surgery, and how they are working to avoid ethical dilemmas by keeping them under the total control of the surgeon at all times.
- Dr George Mylonas, Lecturer in Robotics and Technology in Cancer, Imperial College London
Attending this event online
- The event will be livestreamed on the Royal Society YouTube channel on Saturday 10 July 2021 at 12.30pm BST
- The event will also be available afterwards on our YouTube channel
- This event is suitable for ages 14+
- This event is free to join and there is no registration required
- Live subtitles will be available
- Part of Summer Science 2021
- Share on social media using #SummerScience
- For all enquiries contact email@example.com