The booking contact will be sent essential information in advance about the sessions and workshops, including the Zoom link needed to attend. These will be sent via email. If the booking contact is not the person who will be with the students during the event (referred to as the lead teacher) they must ensure that the essential information in these emails is forwarded to the lead teacher in advance.
Key information for the Schools programme can be found below. If you have any queries regarding your booking or session at the Summer Science Schools progamme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 451 2562.
Documents to download
Key information – Meet the researchers (PDF)
Key information – Workshops for ages 7 - 14 (PDF)
Actions for lead teachers before you log in to your session
All teachers should ensure they have undertaken the following at least a week before attending the online Schools programme:
- Check that you have Zoom installed, that you are able to project to a digital whiteboard or other large screen for the class to see, and that you have reasonable internet bandwidth (between 0.8Mbps and 3.0Mbps) in the room you will be using for the session or workshop.
- Read the key information document for the type of event you have booked.
- Read the acceptable use policy.
- Ensure you have received an email with the Zoom link for the session(s) or workshop(s) you have booked at least a week before the event.
- Ensure you have spoken to your students so that their expectations have been managed in terms of the session and their safety.
The Royal Society expects everyone taking part in their online events to abide by their acceptable use policy in line with our safeguarding policies and ensuring the safety of all those taking part.
If you are taking part in one of the workshops, you will need to ensure that you have risk assessed the activity for your class and school. As the lead teacher you will be responsible for the safety of the class during the workshop. We will be providing a step-by-step description of each workshop and an equipment list (if required) which you can access below from the start of May to help with your internal risk assessment and process and preparation.