The proposed vision is for 'a Society that is excited about science, values its importance to our economic and social well-being, feels confident in its use, and supports a representative, well-qualified scientific workforce'. Such a vision complements a number of the Royal Society's strategic priorities as we approach our 350th anniversary in 2010, and beyond.
These are to:
- Invest in future scientific leaders and in innovation
- Influence policymaking with the best scientific advice
- Invigorate science and mathematics education
- Inspire an interest in the joy, wonder and excitement of scientific discovery
- Increase access to the best science internationally