1. This prize draw is organised by The Royal Society of London for Improving Natural Knowledge (known simply as 'The Royal Society') of 6-9 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AG, registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales under number 207043.
How to enter
2. Entries received after the conference will not be accepted.
3. All entries must be submitted by signing up for our librarian’s newsletter at the conference.
4. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary
5. The Royal Society will not accept:
(a) responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the prize draw.
6. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. A copy of these terms and conditions is available on our website: royalsociety.org/about-us/terms-conditions-policies/publishing-competition-terms-conditions. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
7. The Royal Society reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
8. The prize draw is open to all conference attendees except employees of the Royal Society, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
9. Entrants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the prize draw. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of entrants under 18 agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the entrant.
10. Only one entry per person is permitted.
11. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Royal Society may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw.
12. The Royal Society reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw.
13. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process one month after the conference has ended.
14. The winner will receive details of the prize.
15. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) within 7 days of being chosen and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Royal Society within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Royal Society will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
16. The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 14 days of responding to the Royal Society.
17. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Royal Society reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Royal Society's control makes it necessary to do so.
18. The decision of the Royal Society regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
19. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Institutional Marketing Manager, Royal Society Publishing, 6-9 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5AG, UK or an email to email@example.com within 60 of days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
20. The Royal Society reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
(Include where the prize is being provided by a third party or there is a risk of loss, such as a holiday.)
21. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Royal Society, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Royal Society, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
23. By entering the prize draw, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by the Royal Society or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
24. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
25. The Royal Society reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.