Race at Work Charter
The Royal Society is pleased to announce that it has become a signatory of the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter.
The Race at Work Charter is a public commitment to improving the experiences of Black and minority ethnic employees in the workplace. It sets out the following five actions for signatories to take:
- Appointing an Executive Sponsor for race
- Capturing data and publicising progress
- Ensuring zero tolerance of harassment and bullying
- Making equality in the workplace the responsibility of all leaders and managers
- Taking action that supports ethnic minority career progression
The Royal Society recognises that work is needed to improve outcomes for Black, Asian and minority ethnic employees in the UK.
By signing the Charter, the Society confirms that it will take active, practical steps to ensure that it is addressing barriers in recruitment and career progression.
In partnership with Business in the Community, the Society will develop a plan of action to uphold these commitments.