Applying for this scheme
The 2018 application round is now open. You will need to provide initial project details by 28 February.
The school partner must start the application and then invite the STEM partner to join.
Register on Flexi-Grant and apply for funding. The option to register will be at the bottom of the screen on the left hand side.
Register and apply
Since it started in November 2000, the Partnership Grants scheme has awarded over £1.3 million to over 800 schools and colleges, igniting enthusiasm for STEM in thousands of young people across the UK. Since 2010, 88% of awarded Partnership Grants partners reported that they would apply again.
Why apply for this scheme?
The Partnership Grants scheme offers up to £3000 to UK schools or colleges to buy equipment to run a STEM investigation project in partnership with a STEM professional (research or industry). Successful projects:
- Deliver a better understanding of the latest developments in STEM;
- Improve perceptions of those working in STEM professions;
- Give students pride and ownership in STEM from participation in the investigative process.
Who can apply for this scheme?
Whilst the initial application must be started by the school partner so that they are the primary applicant, there needs to be two project partners on the same application form. The partnership needs to be established before starting the application. The two partners are:
- School partner (the primary applicant): any teacher or support staff at the main school, such as a computing teacher or a science technician; and a
- STEM partner: an individual that is currently working in a STEM related profession, such as a researcher or analyst.
For specific enquiries, please contact the Education Outreach team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 7451 2531.