Stage 1 of the application process requires simple, initial details about your project. Submitted Stage 1 applications undergo short eligibility checks. If a project is not eligible it can be sent back to the applicant with guidance for development and re-submission.
A full itemised budget, and project timeline are not required at Stage 1.
What is required in Stage 1?
- School details, including the address, school type and level
- Lead STEM partner details, including their organisation, job title, their highest level of education and simple details about why they are a suitable partner for the project.
- Simple project details, including the title, which must be a question, and a short descriptive summary of the project explaining what the students will be investigating.
This checklist document has full details about what is required in stage 1.
Which partner is required to complete Stage 1?
- The school partner must start the application and is required to submit Stage 1.
- The STEM partner can be invited to contribute to the form but it is not compulsory.
Please note applications must be submitted through Flexi-Grant® and cannot be submitted via email.