Stage 1 of the application process requires simple, initial details about your project. Submitted Stage 1 applications undergo short eligibility checks. If a project is not eligible it can be sent back to the applicant with guidance for development and re-submission. For the 2021 round only, the deadline for Stage 1 has been extended until the end of May and this includes re-submissions. Please note this is just for 2021 and from 2022 the stage 1 deadline will be back to the end of February.
A full itemised budget, and project timeline are not required at Stage 1.
What is required in Stage 1?
- School details, including the address, school type and level
- STEM partner details, including their organisation, job title, qualifications and/or experience and initial details about how they will be involved in the project.
- Simple project details, including the title, brief information about the experiments/ investigations that will be carried out and a summary of the equipment that will be purchased.
Which partner is required to complete Stage 1?
- The school partner must start the application and is required to submit Stage 1.
- The STEM partner can be invited to contribute to the form but it is not compulsory.
This checklist document can help ensure you have all the required information for Stage 1 (PDF). Please note applications must be submitted through Flexi-Grant® and cannot be submitted via email.