Once you have successfully completed Stage 1 and passed the eligibility checks you will be sent a link to the Stage 2 application form. Stage 2 must be completed by the end of March and once applications have been submitted, they cannot be sent back to the applicant for edits. Therefore any advice on your application must be requested before you submit Stage 2.
What is required in Stage 2?
- Information about how students will be selected for the project and how many will be involved.
- The project start date, which must be in the new academic year, and end date.
- More detailed information about the project itself, including the key learning objectives, skills and benefits for students and how the scientific method will be used.
- A project timeline, including detail about who will be involved at the different points.
- Information about the legacy of the project.
- An itemised budget, with quotes provided for items over £200.
- The name and job title of a second school staff member who could take over as lead applicant if required.
Which partner is required to complete Stage 2?
- The school partner must start Stage 2 and will be sent a link to the form once the eligibility checks are complete.
- The STEM partner must complete a section of the form confirming they support the application.
- The head teacher of the school must complete a section of the form confirming they support the application. If the lead school partner is the head teacher of the school, then this section must be completed by their deputy or another member of the senior leadership team.
Please note applications must be submitted through Flexi-Grant® and cannot be submitted via email.