Who is eligible for the scheme?
To apply you must be a current University Research Fellow or Dorothy Hodgkin Fellow at the date the scheme opens (18 September 2017) and must have completed the first year of your fellowship on or before 27 October 2017.
What can the funding be used for?
Funding is available for any public engagement activity designed for a non-scientific, public audience that meets the application criteria.
Projects should have clear aims, target specific audiences and provide opportunity for open dialogue and two-way communication.
All funded projects should:
Be based on Royal Society-funded research
- Involve scientists interacting with a public group outside your institution
- Target specific audiences based on the aims and rationale of the project
- Encourage open dialogue and two-way communication
- Maximise benefit for all participants
We are particularly interested in projects that:
Reach people that are currently underrepresented in the Society’s public engagement work, including:
Those without a science degree
Those from geographically remote locations
Those from economically disadvantaged populations
Encourage collaboration between science and the arts
The minimum award is £500 and the maximum award is £5,000. The total amount of funding available for this round is £30,000.
All funded activity, not including evaluation and reporting, must be completed by 30 September 2018.
Please direct all enquiries to David Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 451 2254.
Accessing your User Account in Flexi-Grant®
If you have not used Flexi-Grant® before, and have an existing eGAP user account, then undertake the following steps to access your user account and award on Flexi-Grant® (grants.royalsociety.org):
- On the portal home page, click ‘login’. You will be directed to a new page.
- On the new page, click ‘Forgotten Password’, which will direct you to a new page.
- Please enter the e-mail address you previously used to log-in to eGAP, and click ‘Reset Password’.
- You will receive a message in your e-mail account, please follow the steps to complete activation of your account.