Skip to content

Research Fellow talks

The Royal Society offers grants to fund research at a professional level. Those scientists are offered training to talk about what they are researching and their career path to school/college level students.

Research Fellow talk request form

The Research Fellow talk request form is now open. Please request talks for the second autumn half term in 2017, and the whole of the spring term 2018.

Request a Research Fellow speaker

You can request one of these leading UK researchers (referred to as University Research Fellows or Industry Fellows) to come into your school or college for a talk in the academic year 2017/2018. The Research Fellows help to bring the most current and innovative research into your classrooms and are a great way to link your students to practising scientists and engineers, as well as boosting your own science knowledge.

Our Research Fellows cover a wide array of specialist disciplines and you can find out more about our University Research Fellows.

To request a Research Fellow visit you will need to fill out a form that will go live at certain points throughout the year to arrange talks for the following term. We cannot guarantee to fulfil your request, however we do our best to match as many schools and colleges to Research Fellows as possible. Note: the more flexible you are with the date and subject the more likely we are to be able to match a Research Fellow to your request.

If you have already hosted a talk at your school or college, don't forget to write-up a short summary of the event and submit it for the Royal Society Schools Network blog.