The Royal Society Centre for History of Science provides a unique environment in which leading historians and world-class scientists come together to generate fresh insights into the history of science.
Reflecting telescope used by Sir Isaac Newton FRS (1642-1727).
The Society has been at the heart of modern science for 350 years. We now have a tremendous collection of books, archives, paintings, images and artefacts which are treasured by scholars worldwide.
- Visitors: The Library and Archives are open to researchers and members of the public free of charge.
- Collections: The Society's extensive collections can be searched online.
- Research: We work on several research programmes in collaboration with other research institutions.
- Features: Highlights from the books, manuscripts, artefacts and illustrations in the collection
- Blog: Our blog provides updates about our work and current activities.
The Royal Society publishes Notes & Records of the Royal Society, an international journal which publishes original research in the history of science, technology and medicine up to and including the 21st century.