Research Fellows Directory
Professor Eelco Rohling Corr.Fellow, Roy.Neth.Acad.Sci.
University of Southampton
(1) High-resolution investigation of ocean/climate changes during the Neogene, and in particular the Quaternary, to determine the nature, timing and magnitude of natural climate variability.
(2) Theoretical and applied (integrated with proxy records) modelling of present-day and past states of circulation and property distribution.
(3) Theoretical and practical/analytical research on the use of conservative properties and d18O to trace deep-water formation, advection and mixing processes in the modern ocean.
(4) Assessment of changes in deep-sea ventilation states and nutrient distribution mechanisms, the interactions with the organic and inorganic carbon cycle, and the impact of ecological responses on proxy records.
(5) Integration of Holocene palaeoclimate research with archaeological records.
Interests and expertise (Subject groups)