Brian Cox hosted an evening showcasing the best of 2015’s popular science books, as our authors read excerpts from each of the shortlisted titles, and discussed with Brian the stories, and the science, behind their books. At the close of the evening our President Sir Paul Nurse announced the winner of the 2015 prize, Gaia Vince.
Our 2015 shortlist authors was as follows:
- David Adam for The Man Who Couldn't Stop: OCD and the True Story of a Life Lost in Thought
- Alex Bellos for Alex Through the Looking Glass: How Life Reflects Numbers, and Numbers Reflect Life
- Jon Butterworth for Smashing Physics
- Matthew Cobb for Life's Greatest Secret: The Story of the Race to Crack the Genetic Code
- Jim Al-Khalili and Johnjoe McFadden for Life on the Edge: The Coming of Age of Quantum Biology
- Gaia Vince for Adventures in the Anthropocene: A Journey to the Heart of the Planet we Mad
A live video of the event will be available soon.
Enquiries: contact the events team on email@example.com