Enter our fantastic prize competition for Big Draw 2015 and win a DIY microscope.
We want you to draw or photograph microscopic or small objects to be in with a chance to win. From insects and flowers to everyday household objects, see what is revealed when you look a bit closer.
The Royal Society is celebrating art in microscopy for the 350th anniversary of Robert Hooke’s Micrographia. His drawings brought astonishing images of the microscopic world to life, and yours can too.
To take part simply tweet your pics to @royalsociety using #seeingcloser – it’s easy and free.
The competition runs until 31 October 2015. The winner will be randomly chosen from a prize draw and announced week commencing 2 November 2015.
Good luck and get drawing!
Read the full terms and conditions of the competition here:
- Unless otherwise stated, contestants can enter the competition only once. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter the competition will be ineligible. We would also discourage contestants from posting the same tweet repeatedly and posting multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted.
- Contestants must include @royalsociety and #seeingcloser in their tweet to be eligible to win the competition.
- Closing date for entry will be 23:59 on Saturday 31 October 2015 and the winner will be chosen at random in a prize draw by the Society. After this date no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
- The competition will run between the dates promoted. The Society reserves the right not to award any prize if no winner is found.
- Unless otherwise stated there is only one prize per competition. The prize is not refundable or exchangeable for another prize if the winner is unable to accept the prize for reasons not held to be the responsibility of the Society.
- Entrants under the age of 13 must get permission from their parent or guardian to enter on their behalf.
- Entrants need to have a UK delivery address and be able to claim their prize by contacting our events team (email@example.com) after the winner is announced.
- Employees and relatives of the competition organisers are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The Society cannot be held responsible for any loss that may be incurred by contestants attempting to enter the competition.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding the competition, the Society’s decision is final.
- If the rules to the competition have been broken, the prize may be withdrawn. Any contestant entering the competition giving false or misleading information may be disqualified and the prize withdrawn.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Society reserves the right to amend the rules of the competition at any time and to suspend or cancel the competition at any time. Any updates will be posted on this website.
- By entering the competition, contestants accept that their work may be photographed and/or reproduced for the press, publicity, promotion and advertising of the Royal Society.