In December last year, 195 nations from around the world came together in Paris under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change and adopted a new and universal agreement. Several years in the making, the new agreement aims to put the world on track to a low-carbon future that holds global temperature rise to well below 2 °C.
This PolicyLab will bring together a range of perspectives from science, policy, NGOs and the private sector to reflect on the new agreement. What was agreed? How can it meet its aim? And what should be the next steps for the UK?
Lord Nicholas Stern FRS, will chair a panel of speakers including:
- Professor John Loughhead OBE FREng FTSE, Chief Scientific Advisor at the Department of Energy & Climate Change
- Matthew Bell, Chief Executive, Committee on Climate Change
- Professor Joanna Haigh CBE FRS, Co-director of the Grantham Institute on Climate Change
- Jeremy Leggett, Founding Director, Solarcentury; Founder & Chairman, SolarAid; Chairman, Carbon Tracker
- Jon Williams, Partner, Sustainability & Climate Change, PwC
Follow the event on Twitter using #parisagreement.
Attending the event
Registration on the day will be open from 18:00 and the event will start at 18:30.
Find information on building accessibility.
Recording and photography
We may take photographs or make audio recordings at our events and by attending an event you consent to this and subsequent broadcast or reproduction.