March your way up to the Duke of York steps where you’ll learn how when things are up they are up and when things are down they are down. Investigate why the Duke of York stays sat on his column and how maths helps hold the ceiling up, or find out what a sumo wrestler and a structural engineer have in common.
This event will run at 11am, 12pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm.
Ticketed – these sessions are timed and have limited capacity. Please go to the information desk in the Marble Hall to get your ticket on the day of your event. Without a ticket you will be denied entry.
Attending the event
- Free to attend
- Registration on the day, get your ticket at the information desk
- Tickets allocated on a first-come, first-served basis
- Meeting point in the courtyard outside main entrance
- Suitable for ages 7+
- Travel and accessibility information - contact us directly to arrange any specific accessibility requirements
- This event is part of the Royal Society's Summer Science Exhibition 2017
For all enquiries, please email email@example.com.