Royal Society Research Fellow, solar physicist and author of the acclaimed '15 Million Degrees: A Journey to the Centre of the Sun', Professor Lucie Green joins Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock MBE to discuss how the Sun works, the latest research in solar physics, and how a solar storm could threaten everything we know.
Professor Green will explore how the immense magnetic fields in the Sun’s atmosphere sporadically erupt into the Solar System and how these eruptions can drive major space weather events.
The talk will be followed by a book signing in the IMAX Theatre featuring both speakers.
Attending this event
- For all ticket enquires, please contact the Science Museum
- As this is part of the Science Museum Lates, entry is strictly for over 18s only
- Doors open at 6.45pm
- Please arrive at the museum at least half an hour before the start of this event
- This event will feature live subtitling
- Travel and accessibility information
For all enquiries, please contact email@example.com