Discover the best kept secrets of the Royal Society archives.
In the depths below Carlton House Terrace lies a mind boggling collection of artefacts and records from the earliest times of scientific endeavour.
For one night only our expert library team will share some of their favourites with you. From unusual objects to surreal stories about futuristic inventions, this is an exclusive opportunity to explore some archival treasures and learn about our fascinating history.
This event will run at 6.45pm, 7.15pm, 7.45pm, 8.15pm and 8.45pm and last approximately 15 minutes.
Talk - admittance for our talks is first-come, first-served. Please ensure you arrive early for talks as we can get busy during the evening and you may need to queue to get into the building.
We will also be showing the FIFA Women's World Cup Semi-Final between England and USA from 8pm.
Attending the event
- Free to attend
- No registration required
- Limited spaces, admittance based on venue capacity
- Seats allocated on a first-come, first-served basis
- Doors open 5 minutes before start of event
- Adults only
- Travel and accessibility information - contact us directly to arrange any specific accessibility requirements
- Food and drink will be available for purchase at our onsite café
- Please note we operate a challenge 25 policy. ID may be required when purchasing alcoholic beverages
For all enquiries, please email email@example.com.