The shortlist for Young People’s Book Prize 2020 has been inspiring children across the UK to discover and search for the answers to these questions, and many more. And now, after much deliberation, the votes from over 13,000 children from 530 schools and groups have been compiled to select the winner.
In a family-friendly virtual award ceremony hosted by Blue Peter’s Lindsey Russell, meet the authors and put your questions to them before one of their books is crowned the winner of the Young People’s Book Prize 2020.
The authors joining us live for the Q&A are:
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, Astrophysics for Young People in a Hurry
- Izzi Howell, Cats React to Science Facts
- Stella Gurney (Libby Deutsch) and Valpuri Kerttula, The Everyday Journeys of Ordinary Things
- Katie Brosnan, Gut Garden
- Aimee Lucido, In the Key of Code
The Young People’s Book Prize is made possible thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor. Discover more about the Prize.
You can submit your questions for our authors ahead of time here.
Attending the event
- The event will be livestreamed on the Royal Society YouTube channel on Friday 12 March at 12.30pm GMT
- This event is free to join and there is no registration required
- Live subtitles will be available
- For all enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org