This event is part of a series of lightning lectures for the Royal Society’s 2021 Summer Science digital showcase.
The scales, shapes and colour rendition of PanCam being calibrated on the assembled PanCam and rover. PanCam will provide stereo, colour filters and high resolution images as the rover conducts its science campaign. Image credit: Airbus
The ExoMars rover is due to launch in 2022 and will travel across Oxia Planum on Mars drilling for signs of life.
Join Professor John Bridges of the University of Leicester and colleagues to explore the advanced engineering and UK led science behind this exciting mission, and how researchers hope to prove there was once ancient life on Mars.
- Professor John Bridges, Professor of Planetary Science, University of Leicester
Attending this event online
- The event will be livestreamed on the Royal Society YouTube channel on Sunday 11 July 2021 at 12.30pm BST
- The event will also be available afterwards on our YouTube channel
- This event is suitable for ages 14+
- This event is free to join and there is no registration required
- Live subtitles will be available
- Part of Summer Science 2021
- Share on social media using #SummerScience
- For all enquiries contact email@example.com