This event is part of a series of lightning lectures for the Royal Society’s 2021 Summer Science digital showcase.
When two hearts collide, they beat as one. When two galaxies collide, the result is very different.
Hear from Dr Annagrazia Puglisi who has been observing this very event, known as a galaxy merger. Discover how and why galaxy mergers play a role in the number of stars that form, or don’t, within a galaxy and how this may lead to the death of both galaxies.
- Dr Annagrazia Puglisi, Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Durham
Attending this event online:
- The event will be livestreamed on the Royal Society YouTube channel on Thursday 8 July 2021 at 6.30pm BST
- The event will also be available afterwards on our YouTube channel
- This event is suitable for ages 14+
- This event is free to join and there is no registration required
- Live subtitles will be available
- Part of Summer Science 2021
- Share on social media using #SummerScience
- For all enquiries contact email@example.com