Explore the strange chemistry, materials science, physics and biology lurking in everyday things… this is a show for people who think they hate science.
Join Gastronaut Stefan Gates and his long-suffering daughter Poppy for an unforgettable adventure through strange and wonderful chemistry, biology and physics as they tackle questions such as Why can’t you melt a Flake? What are bogies for? Can you make screaming hot plasma in a microwave?
Full of ridiculous and shocking demos, hacks, myth busting and self-experimentation, this is an action-packed family science show that will light the touchpaper of fascination in anyone.
BBC Gastronaut Stefan Gates is renowned for his world-class science and food shows.
Attending this event online:
- The event will be livestreamed on the Royal Society YouTube channel on Sunday 11 July 2021 at 11am BST
- The event will also be available afterwards on our YouTube channel for 7 days
- This event is suitable for ages 5+
- This event is free to join and there is no registration required
- Live subtitles will be available
- Part of Summer Science 2021
- Share on social media using #SummerScience
- For all enquiries contact email@example.com