This event is part of a series of lightning lectures for the Royal Society’s 2021 Summer Science digital showcase.
One person's trash is another person's treasure. And never was this old cliché more apt than when talking about the process of creating biogas energy from organic waste.
Meet Professor James Chong and Dr Caroline Orr, as well as the microbes that are crucial to this process called anaerobic digestion. Discover why a greater understanding of these microbes can help us to maximise the efficiency of anaerobic digestion, and, in turn, produce a clean and renewable energy source.
- Professor James Chong, Royal Society Industry Fellow, University of York
- Dr Caroline Orr, Principal Lecturer, Teesside University
Attending this event online:
- The event will be livestreamed on the Royal Society YouTube channel on Thursday 8 July 2021 at 1.45pm BST
- The event will also be available afterwards on our YouTube channel
- This event is suitable for ages 14+
- This event is free to join and there is no registration required
- Live subtitles will be available
- Part of Summer Science 2021
- Share on social media using #SummerScience
- For all enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org