This event is jointly hosted by the UK National Academies: the Royal Society, the British Academy, the Royal Academy of Engineering and the National Academy of Medical Sciences.
The UK government has committed to secure our status as a "Science and Tech Superpower by 2030". The past year has demonstrated the UK’s potential to realise this, but now UK research and innovation faces its kryptonite: uncertainty. What will the next few years of R&I investment look like? How will the UK take a lead internationally? How can we be ready for the next global crisis?
Join us and a panel of research and innovation "superstars" to discuss how the UK should approach the future, build resilience to future crises, and lock-in our superpower status.
- Tom Whipple, Science Editor at the Times and Sunday Times (Chair)
- The Rt Hon Greg Clark MP, Chair of the Science and Technology Select Committee
- Dame Nancy Rothwell DBE DL FRS FMedSci FRSB FBPhS MAE
- Professor Susan Gourvenec BEng FIEAust FICE
- Professor Dominic Abrams FBA FAcSS FBPsS
- Professor Jennifer Logue
The event is a fringe meeting of the Conservative Party Conference. For more information on the Conference or to sign up, click here.