The programme is supported by the Royal Society's Places of science grant scheme.
Explore the beauty to be found in pattern and repetition as you create and colour Islamic geometric patterns, using a compass and ruler, with Samira Mian.
Attending the event
- This workshop will take place at Leighton House on 21 January at 2pm
- This workshop is suitable for children aged 5 to 11 years
- £5 per child, with free entry for an accompanying adult
- Please note that children should be accompanied by an adult at all times
- All materials to be provided
- Accompanying adults come for free and admission to the historic house is included
About Places of science
Through the Places of science grant scheme this year, 36 small museums across the United Kingdom have received up to £3,500 to run projects that tell stories of science to their local community.
From family days at the museum, through community-led creation and curation, to workshops for schools and documentary film-making, each project offers an exciting way for people to engage with science in the local area and beyond.