The programme is supported by the Royal Society's Places of science grant scheme.
Join science specialist Karen Hodgetts in a hands-on workshop making instruments and exploring the science of pitch and volume.
Attending the event
- This workshop will take place at Leighton House on 7 January at 2pm
- This workshop is suitable for children aged 5 to 11 years
- £5 per child, with free entry for an accompanying adult
- Please note that children should be accompanied by an adult at all times
- All materials to be provided
- Accompanying adults come for free and admission to the historic house is included
About Places of science
Through the Places of science grant scheme this year, 36 small museums across the United Kingdom have received up to £3,500 to run projects that tell stories of science to their local community.
From family days at the museum, through community-led creation and curation, to workshops for schools and documentary film-making, each project offers an exciting way for people to engage with science in the local area and beyond.