This event will explore how scientific innovation can help to address some of the most significant challenges facing the UK water industry over the coming years, and will examine some of the key advances that are likely to be needed within industry and academia.
The programme will open with a keynote address from Professor Louise Heathwaite CBE FRS. Three sessions on climate resilience: coping with variability and unpredictability, water pollution and quality, and decarbonisation and energy will be followed by panel discussion to explore the topics and the future of the water industry further.
Transforming our future conferences
This conference will form part of the Royal Society's industry-focussed Transforming our future series. These unique meetings feature cutting-edge science and bring together experts from industry, academia, funding bodies, the wider scientific community and government to explore and address key scientific and technical challenges of the coming decade.
- This will be a hybrid event
- In-person attendance is by invitation only
- For virtual attendance, please sign up using the link on this page
- For the programme, scroll down and click on the arrows to see the speakers and abstracts for their talks
- The Royal Society has an acceptable use policy for all online events, and we expect our users to abide by these guidelines
- For any queries or accessibility requirements, please email the Royal Society Industry team.