Join us for the Clifford Paterson Prize Lecture given by 2024 winner Professor Mohan Edirisinghe.
The Clifford Paterson Medal and Lecture 2024 is awarded to Professor Mohan Edirisinghe for seminal research in engineering science of making small structures from soft matter in novel scalable ways, creating new frontiers in functional applications causing major advances in manufacturing and healthcare.
The Clifford Paterson Medal and Lecture is given for outstanding contributions in the field of engineering. The lectureship was originally endowed by The General Electric Company in memory of Clifford Paterson FRS, who founded the GEC Research Laboratories in 1919. Originally the lectures were given on electrical science and technology but this was later broadened to any aspect of engineering. The first lecture was given in 1975. The medal is of bronze, is awarded biennially and is accompanied by a gift of £2,000.
Attending the event
- The event is free to join and there is no registration required
- Live subtitles will be available in-person and virtually
Attending in person
- This lecture can be attended in person at the Royal Society
- Doors will open to the public at 5.45pm. Entry will be on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed
- Travel and accessibility information
Attending live online
- The lecture will also be livestreamed here and on the Royal Society YouTube channel.
- You can take part in the live Q&A (details to follow).
- This event will be recorded (including the live Q&A) and the recording will be available on YouTube soon after the event.
For all enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.