The Royal Society submitted six Budget Representations ahead of the March 2021 Budget.
- Commit funding to cover the costs of UK association to Horizon Europe
- Targeted investment to maintain the UK’s global standing and ambitions as a global science superpower
- Take a joined-up approach to domestic and international R&D policy to make the UK a scientific superpower
- Enabling data access and use to address policy challenges
- Establish a long-term expert, evidence-based body to conduct technology assessments to inform investment decisions to deliver net zero
- Establish an Office for Educational Research