1. This prize draw is organised by The Royal Society of London for Improving Natural Knowledge (known simply as 'The Royal Society') of 6-9 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AG, registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales under number 207043.
How to enter
2. The opening date for entries is 9.00am on 6 June 2019. The closing date of the prize draw is 5.00pm on 8 June. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
3. All entries must be submitted by a SmartSurvey form, with all required fields completed. This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with SmartSurvey.
4. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
5. The Royal Society will not accept:
(a) responsibility for entries that are incomplete or not submitted due to any actions of the entrant or due to limitations of internet or connectivity capabilities at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre.
6. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. A copy of these terms and conditions is available on our website: https://royalsociety.org/about-us/terms-conditions-policies/competition-terms-conditions/primary-science-education-conference-prize-draw. If you have any questions, please contact the Schools Engagement team via email@example.com
7. The Royal Society reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
8. The prize draw is open to all UK primary school staff who are in attendance at the PSEC conference in Edinburgh between 6 and 8 June 2019 who have signed up to the Royal Society Schools Network at the time the prize draw closes for entries.
9. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Royal Society may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw.
10. The Royal Society reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw.
The prize draw
11. Any primary school staff member who signs up to the RSSN during the conference will be eligible to be entered for the prize draw to win one of 6 copies of the 2018 YPBP winning book.
12. Winners will be randomly selected as follows: all entrants will be downloaded from the Smart Survey into an Excel spreadsheet and assigned a number. Using the random number generator functionality in Excel, 6 numbers, and hence entrants will be selected.
13. The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) within 28 days of being chosen and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Royal Society within 30 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Royal Society will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
14. The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 56 days of responding to the Royal Society.
15. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Royal Society reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Royal Society's control makes it necessary to do so.
16. The decision of the Royal Society regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
17. The names of the winners (school name and county) can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Schools Engagement Team, Royal Society, 6-9 Carlton House terrace, London, SW1Y 5AG or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 60 days of the closing date of the prize draw. The winner's school name will also be published on the Royal Society Schools Network blog.
18. The Royal Society reserves the right to void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
19. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Royal Society, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Royal Society, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
21. By entering the prize draw, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by the Royal Society or its agents and suppliers to administer the prize draw.
22. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
23. The Royal Society reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website https://royalsociety.org/about-us/terms-conditions-policies/.