Four years on from the Royal Society’s iHuman perspective report, this summit will bring together leading experts and policymakers to discuss how the field has progressed and determine its potential future direction.
Sessions on Day 1 will cover the science and applications of neural interface technologies both invasive and non-invasive – from current uses in medical applications to unmet needs and potential for future advancement. The day will conclude with an evening reception of drinks and demos of the latest technologies.
Day 2 will give an introduction to the ethical and governance concerns surrounding future pathways for these technologies and delve into issues of technology abandonment, design inclusivity, privacy and liberty.
A full programme (PDF) is available for this event.
Attending this event
This event is intended for researchers, clinicians, innovators, patients, carers, patient representatives, any individual that can broaden interdisciplinary discussion through their technical knowledge and/or unique lived experience.
- Free to attend
- In-person attendance is by invitation only
- To register your interest, please sign up using the 'Book event' link on this page. We will then be in touch
- Lunch is available on both days of the summit. There are plenty of places to eat nearby if you would prefer to purchase food offsite. Participants are welcome to bring their own lunch to the summit
- For any queries or accessibility requirements, please email the Resilient Futures team
- Talks will be recorded, and the recordings will be available on this webpage after the event (subject to speaker permission)
- The summit will be taking place at the Royal Society, 6-9 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5AG
- Registration will be open from 8:30am on both day 1 and day 2 with tea, coffee and pastries provided
- Day 1 will begin at 9:20am with a welcome and opening remarks from Sir Adrian Smith PRS
- Day 2 will begin at 9:30am with an introduction from Dr Sarah Chan and Professor Nita A. Farahany
Submit your questions on Slido
Watch Day 1
Watch Day 2
Please note, photography and recording will be taking place at this event.